Five Reasons to Drink Tea Instead of Coffee
A ton of studies have found healthy benefits of drinking coffee. But switching to TEA might be even better. Here are five reasons experts think it’s the healthiest drink in the world . . .
1. It helps lower blood pressure. A recent study found that compounds in it help our blood vessels relax, which can keep your blood pressure in check.
2. The “flavonoids” might help you live longer. Anything plant-based has them, including tea. One cup has a third of the flavonoids you need in a day.
3. It might help you lose weight. Tea can boost your metabolism and promote the growth of healthy gut bacteria, which helps with weight loss.
4. It could lower your stroke risk. A study found people who drink two to three cups of tea OR coffee a day are 32% less likely to have a stroke between the ages of 50 and 75, and 28% less likely to develop dementia. Green tea might be best though, because it’s also been linked to lower rates of Alzheimer’s disease.
5. It might protect your liver. A study looked at people 45 and up, and found the ones who drank a lot of tea and coffee had less scarring on their liver, which is an early sign of cirrhosis.