Five Things to Look Forward to in October
Welcome to October! Here are five things to look forward to this month.
1. Lots of sports: The MLB playoffs get underway next week, with the World Series scheduled to begin at the end of the month. The NHL season starts on October 12th . . . and the NBA starts up a week later on the 19th.
2. A bunch of movies are hitting theaters and streaming services this month, including the latest Bond film “No Time to Die” . . . “Venom: Let There Be Carnage” . . . “Dune” . . . “Addams Family 2” . . . the 12th installment in the “Halloween” franchise, “Halloween Kills” . . . and the “Sopranos” prequel “The Many Saints of Newark”.
3. Some TV premieres you might want on your radar include: Season 18 of “The Bachelorette” . . . the series premiere of “CSI: Vegas” . . . Season 3 of the Netflix series “You” . . . and the series premiere of “Queens” on ABC.
There’s also the “iHeartRadio Music Festival” special airing on the CW this weekend . . . and the “BET Hip Hop Awards” coming up on Tuesday.
4. Halloween, of course. We’re expected to spend more than $10 BILLION on Halloween this year. And the CDC has basically signed off on kids trick-or-treating.
5. And here are a few more holidays: TODAY is International Coffee Day and World Smile Day . . . Monday is National Taco Day and National Vodka Day . . . Indigenous Peoples’ Day is on the 11th . . . National No Bra Day is the 13th . . . and October 23rd is Slap Your Annoying Coworker Day. Luckily for them it falls on a Saturday this year.