How Long Will All That Halloween Candy Stay Good?
If you or your kids end up with a massive stash of candy after this weekend, here’s how long you can expect it to stay good for . . .
1. Chocolate. Eight to 10 months if stored in a cool, dark, and dry place. Dark chocolate can last longer . . . closer to 2 years.
2. Hard candy. Stuff like lollipops and butterscotch candies last about a year in their package. As hard candy gets stale, it will become sticky, and the texture will feel grainy.
3. Caramel. About six to nine months if packaged properly. After that, it will get stale and hard.
4. Candy corn. About nine months before it hardens from staleness.
5. Jellied candies. They last about a year unopened.
6. Gum. Six to nine months.