Today Is Earth Day . . . Here Are Five Easy Eco-Friendly Things You Can Do
Today is Earth Day! Here are five easy things you can do that will help save the planet . . .
1. Turn the faucet off when you’re brushing your teeth, washing your face, or shaving, to save water.
2. Speaking of water, you can help reduce the number of plastic water bottles that end up in our oceans and landfills by using reusable water bottles.
3. Also, look for leaks in your house. A leaky toilet can waste 200 gallons a day. Yes, per DAY. To detect a leak in your toilet, add food coloring to the tank water. If the colored water appears in the bowl, the toilet is leaking.
4. Take reusable shopping bags with you to the grocery store, Target, or even the mall, and skip the plastic bags as often as you can.
5. Walk or bike instead of driving. It helps cut CO2 emissions AND you’ll get in some exercise.
(Hays Free Press / WTAE)