Hovering, Foot-Flushing and More Ways We Avoid Germs in Public Restrooms
Chattanooga, TN: The Complete Sheet
Public bathrooms are one of the grosses places we encounter on a day-to-day basis. So we’ve come up with a few tricks over the years . . . Someone asked people about different tactics for avoiding germs in public restrooms.
Here are five of them, and how common they are . . .
1. Using a paper towel to open doors or turn faucets. 62% of us do it sometimes.
2. Flushing the toilet with your foot, 43%.
3. Hovering over the toilet seat, 31%. So that probably means MOST women.
4. Opening and closing doors with your butt, 27%.
5. Using your elbow to start the hand dryer or paper towel dispenser, 20%.